Why BforB is committed to franchising
Every franchise is different. We are committed to continued development and adaptation of our systems and processes through franchising, with dedicated support and training from day one, incorporating the digital progress and innovation in doing business we believe we are one of the best investment you will make.
Statistics have proven year on year franchise system works. The success that it brings to millions of people every year has transformed many local communities, so we thought we’d share with you some of the statistics.
According to The British Franchise Association and Natwest Bank Survey in January 2016. The statistics are overwhelmingly positive. The figures proved that this as a business opportunity works.
- The contribution of franchising to the UK economy is now reckoned to be £15.1 billion, an increase of 46% over the past 10 years and up 10% since the last survey in 2013.
- The total number of people employed in franchising in the UK is 621,000, of which 321,000 are in full-time employment.
- This equates to an increase of 70% over the past 10 years
- The number of franchisee-owned businesses has increased by 14% in two years, to 44,200. On average, those businesses are also becoming larger as the sector matures:
- Average turnover continues to rise and over half now claim an annual turnover of more than £250,000
- A record 97% of franchisee-owned units reported profitability, with 56% saying they are ‘quite’ or ‘very’ profitable.
- Franchisees’ satisfaction with their franchisor has never been higher, with 91% saying they are ‘mainly’ or ‘definitely’ satisfied.
- 80% of franchise brands in this country are UK-owned and developed.
One in five franchisees who launched their business in the last two years was under 30 years old when they did so. Did you see our article about BforB are going to University?
Taken from The British Franchise Association (full stats available at http://www.thebfa.org/about-franchising/franchising-industry-research)
For more details speak with us to check the availability of your territory of choice or download our prospectus.
Mel Fisher – Director
Tel : 0845 688 4445